Working at MO2R
At Medical Oxygen Repair (MO2R), we are passionate about the work we do, and the patients we provide services to. When you join MO2R, you will be working side-by-side with an outstanding group of skilled professionals in hyperbaric medicine, which is new and growing area of healthcare services. Our professional work environment fosters teamwork and quality patient-focused care using state-of-the-art medical technology.
We are always on the lookout for talented people who would like to work with our the MO2R team of knowledgeable professionals to improve the quality of life of our patients. We provide an environment that encourages learning and developing your career. If you are interested in working in a unique, innovative medical clinic, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you.
Casual/Part-time Up to 21.5 Hours/Week – Monday to Friday
At Medical Oxygen Research (MO2R), we highly value our team of dedicated employees. MO2R focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and supported. We focus on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create, and engage in best practices and are treated with respect.
MO2R is a state-of-the-art hyperbaric facility and is the largest in Ontario. The multidisciplinary staff provide service to meet the complex care needs of our patients. We offer treatments in both our multi-place and mono-place chambers.
As a member of MO2R, the principal responsibilities of the Hyperbaric Technologist include:
- Safely and effectively operating the hyperbaric chamber and related support systems as
prescribed by the attending physician.
- Monitoring the patient(s) responses during the session and making proper adjustments
to ensure the patient’s safety and the safe and effective use of the equipment.
- Participating and assisting with safety drills.
- Safely performing equalization techniques to adjust to pressure changes and assist
patients by coaching and providing medical attention to ensure safe treatment while alleviating any concerns that may arise.
- Cleaning and maintaining the equipment according to infection control standards.
- Assisting in the delivery of patient care appropriate to the level of his/her medical
- Preparing patients for treatment by providing explanation of the purpose and procedure
of treatment as well as education regarding pre-, post-, and intra treatment
- Collecting patient’s vital signs, vision testing, spirometry, ECG, glucose monitoring.
- Transferring patients from wheelchair or stretcher to gurney
- Assisting patients to achieve Goals of Care.
- Providing report to attending physician
- Keeping complete, and accurate patient records using electronic medical record
- Discussing patient treatment with attending physician and adjusting treatment, as
- Reporting to hyperbaric physician any adverse reactions.
- Providing support for other team members to achieve clinic goals.
The preferred or minimum qualifications include:
- Certified Hyperbaric Medical Technologist (CHT), LPN or EMT paramedic preferred.
- The training and competencies necessary to become certified as a hyperbaric
technologist is not an entry-level qualification, rather can be achieved through on the job
and certification training.
- Ability to work in a Hyperbaric environment required and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Ability to perform without direct supervision.
- Commitment to personal and professional development\
- Pre or post hire completion (within 2 years) of an approved Introductory Hyperbaric
- Two (2) or more years experience in healthcare preferred.
- Prior experience in wound or critical care preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) / CPR certification - to be maintained throughout the duration of employment in this position.
- Ability to work and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to stay calm and relax patients.
- Maintaining a professional appearance.
- Familiar with PIPEDA and the proper handling of medical information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word) and TELUS Health EMR.
To apply, please upload your cover letter and resume here